Jun 8, 2008
Does a neg Riba test confirm a fale + screening test for Hcv? many thanks for your help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A positive HCV RIBA will confirm a positive screening EIA antibody test, or a negative HCV RIBA will rule out HCV infection in someone with a positive EIA screening test. Neither test will determine whether someone is chronically infected with HCV. That requires a HCV viral load test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does Herpes Simplex Type 1 Mean?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Syphilis Antibiotics
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.