Suddenly detectable

Dear doctor

Been on therapy now for 1 year, VL around 600k at the time I began, undetectable 3 months later. CD4 went from 11% to 27% in this timeframe. I'm on Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir. Just got my new results and VL is at 180. The doctor says that pretty much everyone that went in that day had an increase VL and that I should go back in to confirm it's a lab error. Is there such a thing a "serial" error, where tests come out wrong on a number of people at once? Should I be concerned? Thanks very much for your answer.

I would not be concerned. This result is more likely to be the result of blipping, which is related to assay variability and not something going on in you.

HCV Load
neg riba