HIV Viral Load
Jun 8, 2008
My boyfriend's test results came back stating that his viral load is 94,000. What does that mean? How progressed is the HIV? Are treatments going to lower his viral load?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, HIV treatment will certainly lower the viral load, in most cases, the viral load will become undetectable in the blood (< 50 copies/mL). That level of HIV viral load is moderately high, but not extremely so. The other important number to know and follow is the CD4 count and percent, which is a measure of how damaged the immune system has become as a result of HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Aldara Cream For Genital Warts
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.