Jun 8, 2008
I WAS DIAGNOSED HIV +VE IN 2001, BUT TOOK NO TREATMENT. BY 2005 TO 2007 I INCESSANTLY HAD MALARIA AT INTERVALS OF TWO TO THREE WEEKS. BY JULY 2007 MY BODY CRASHED WITH LIVER AND KIDNEY FAILURE, HIV+, CD4 COUNT IF 17. I WAS IN ICT FOR 2 WEEKS I KEPT POSITIVE AND RECOVERED. BY AUGUST MY CD4 WAS 32, NOVEMBER 64, JANUARY 2008 120, MAY 2008 192. MY VL IS UNDETECTABLE...HOW DO I FURTHER INCREASE MY CD4
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate whether you started treatment during your illness, given your viral load is undetectable. If you are not on any HIV treatment, I would highly recommend starting.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- You Can Still Get Hpv With A Condom
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.