Should i go back?

Hi Dr, im a 35yo male diagnosed + feb05', (suspect getting infected between year 01/04) my numbers back then were 350/44,000, unfortunately during these 3 years didnt get more labs or checkups because i had no insurance, (however im fortunately able to have it now), the big problem is a persistant "blastocystis hominis" that refused to go after 2 severe ten day flagyl(metronidazole) treatments. first in sept 07 and second in march08'... the side effects were a nightmare and at the end i ended up feeling worse that in the beginning..i assume im either resistant to that medication or is it possible that my immune system is so compromised that this antibiotic wont work until a get a boost from HAART?... perhaps flagyl ended up killing my cd4's and other healthy organisms in my gut instead? the clinic gave me an appointment for may 30th for the blood work, and june 9th to see a dr..but i havent felt well in months, which keeps slowly worsening, and havent had a normal (or at least close to normal) bowel movement im about a year, and i think i havent felt %100 since year 04'...im worrying about the long waiting btween appointments at this stage, meanwhile im fatiged, im sorethroated, messy nose, bad mouth taste, exercise intolerance, no appetite of any kind, i cant eat high fiber foods or ill get bloated, slughish and even close to passing out etc...does a parasite like blastocystis necessarily supress the immune system? or does it work in alliance in order to get shelter and nourishment like the parasite it is?...another question here is: should i go back and ask for emergency treatment? before it finishes eating me up? OR do i have to wait till june 9th (so they already have my new labs) and then strat from scratch? which means my dr will surely ask for more specimen again and/or send me to a GI? all this process is gonna take weeks and weeks and I sure can survive like this till then, but im living bitter and depressed and im very frustrated, depressed and concerned, i dont wanna go one day and hear that is too late for anything... hope you can help me with all my inquiries, thanks in advance!...

You don't indicate what your current CD4 count or viral load is, or whether you are receiving any HIV treatment. Although blastocystis is not generally thought to be a pathogen, there are certain people that have diarrheal symptoms and nothing else is found. Metronidizole has been affective, usually at a dose of 750mg three times daily. You didn't indicate what dose you were taking. Some cases have not been responsive to this dose and are thought to be resistant. If you have not been getting this dose for 10 days or longer you might want to try another course. If you were getting this dose, you might try septra ds twice daily for at least 10 days. If you are not on HIv treatment, that might also help increase your immune system's ability to deal with the infection.

Newly diagnosed, high viral load count
hep b virus