CD4 high CD8 high total lymphocytes high

Hi Doctor,

I just got my CD4/CD8 and FBC labs and they are as follow:

1) FCB All parameters are within the standard range, in the exception of the total lymphocyte count which is of 5.2 billion (std range 1-4)

2) My CD4 is 802 but 16.8% and my CD8 is very high : 3200, so the ratio CD4:CD8 is 0.28.

3) My viral load so far have been in the 1k-5k range. I do not have my latest VL yet.

4) I am out of meds. Recent symptoms: - light night sweat (2 time a week maxi), no weight lose, no fever, 1 swollen lymph node on the upper neck is hard (around 0.5 cm) and not mobile. - Light dizziness have happen time to time since few months, but only the day, never at night. It happen also that I get few days or month without feeling dizzy.

- 2 months ago, my total lymphocyte count was of 4.2 billion, and to come to 3.98 2 week after (6 weeks from now).

Questions: 1) What could be the cause of the high CD4/CD8/Total lymphocyte ? Lymphoma, Lymph TB, Body adaptation, etc ? (Note: Got infected Q4 06, NADIR 361, since then, continuous increase of the CD4. Never measured the CD8 till now).

2) Should I start HAART being given the symptoms, counts, in particular the CD4% ?

I will see my doc soon, but as working in a developed country, I seeking for advise to know if I should come back to Europe to follow a treatment.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Kind Regards,

Your CD8 increase is a natural reaction to HIV infection. No, I would not recommend starting HAART.

time of day count variation
hepatis c