May 24, 2008
I've been undetectable since November of 2007. I was curious if my viral load is still decreasing I mean I know right now it is under the level of detection on ultra sensitive test. But I do understand that some of the virus remains in some of the cells,tissues. Are these reservoirs being decreased over time
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The reservoirs do decrease, but this decrease has been hard to quantify. Given that the virus integrates into a person's DNA, it is very unlikely that the total amount of HIV will ever get to zero.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.