HIV and Pulmonary Hypertension

I have HIV and Hep B and I was just recently diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension with the pressure estimate of 30-40mm.

I have extreme fatigue and weakness to the point where I am bed ridden and can not walk or stand for more than a few minutes at a time due to weakness. I have constant shortness of breath and chest pain, and basically have no quality of life at the moment. My activities are limited to the point that even if I talk for any length of time, I get increasingly weak. I actually sneezed about an hour ago and my symptoms increased.

In Oct. 2007 I had severe abdomen pain on the left lower side, and had an EGD and colonoscopy which did not reveal anything significant. I also had a CT scan of my head wich was negative. I also had a stress test done and an ECHO and EKG and no abnormalities of the heart were found other than the PH.

I have a history of NSAID usage and I believe my small bowel is damaged. I'm having other GI tests to see what's going on internally.

I wil be seeing a cardiologist to see the acurate degree of severity of the PH is and what medications I may be able to go on.

Back in October when I got off my HIV meds all my symptoms have progressively and quickly have worsened. I'm thinking possibly the HIV and Hep has had a chance to increase and increased my chance of developing PH?

I have some questions:

1. Does the amount of the HIV virus in the body determine the severity of Pulmonary Hypertension?

2. Will taking HIV medications have a direct result on pulmonary hypertension symptoms?

3. Is the severity of my symptoms indicative and associated of HIV or Hep B itself?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me. If you have any additionaly information or links you can provide me with I'd be most thankful.

1. Great question. We don't exactly know whether the viral load correlates with pulmonary hypertension. We do know that those people with detectable viral loads seem to have it more often. 2. Yes, sometimes by controlling the virus you can improve symptoms. This takes some time though. 3. You don't indicate your age or whether you already have cardiac disease of any kind. These are factors in the development of pulmonary hypertension, as well as having HIV infection.

Given the description of your symptoms, you will need both HIV meds and some cardiac meds to control the situation.

Toxicity from meds
FALLOPIAN TUBES CLOSED - CAN I GO FOR OPERATION