Huge Viral Load Spike

Thanks for the great forum. I have been HIV+ for almost 10 years, not on meds other than the first 8 months. My CD4 tends to hang out around 500-600 and my VL stays around 20000. For the last few months, I have had increasing IBS symptoms and other annoying problems, and routine 3 month labs revealed that my VL had spiked to over 2 million. Obviously, we started an aggresive treatment program (Atripla+Reyataz+Norvir). I am not terribly worried and I feel much better, but I am wondering where that spike came from. Any thoughts?

Hard to know where the spike came from. Something might have been triggered in you that caused the virus to start replicating much faster and your immune system was not able to control it.

HCV Viral Load test
CD4 Count