|indeterminae result in advanced AIDS
May 11, 2008
I have a patient who shows a indeterminate result on western blot he was treated for PCP Pneumonia and has a history of being treated for TB 5 years ago what are the possible reasons?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the CD4 count was, and if this could be acute HIV infection with a very pronounced reduction in CD4 count, rather than advanced HIV disease. Also, what did the western blot actually show, and I assume the screening HIV EIA was positive? Finally, I would repeat the test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.