|indeterminae result in advanced AIDS
May 11, 2008
I have a patient who shows a indeterminate result on western blot he was treated for PCP Pneumonia and has a history of being treated for TB 5 years ago what are the possible reasons?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the CD4 count was, and if this could be acute HIV infection with a very pronounced reduction in CD4 count, rather than advanced HIV disease. Also, what did the western blot actually show, and I assume the screening HIV EIA was positive? Finally, I would repeat the test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.