|15,000 WBC, <50 VL, 357 CD4
May 11, 2008
What does the high WBC count mean in conjunction with an undetectable VL and a CD4 of 357?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The normal range of WBC is typically between 5-10,000. There are many, many reasons why the WBC count can be elevated. The absolute CD4 count could be affected (up or down) depending on what types of blood cells are elevated within the WBC count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching Scratch On Skin?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Pubic Hair?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Having Sex During Period?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Blood In Mouth?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Sex With Stripper Condom Broke?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Touching Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.