|Drop of VL
May 11, 2008
I was infected Nov2006, my first set of labs (July 2007) came CD4=672 33% and a VL of 66,400. I just got my second set of labs (May 2008) and is CD4=664 30% and Vl of 13,000. I am not in treatment yet.
Is it normal that drop of VL in 10 months without any treatment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although those two values are slightly greater than assay variability, they are not really clinically significantly different. Also, your CD4 count and percent are rock stable and within the normal range. Given those numbers, you certainly don't need HIV treatment at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.