Fasting blood test
May 3, 2008
Can a fasting blood test affect the viral load test? I have been undectable for the past year until I had a fasting blood test and the vl came back at 122. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No that would not affect the test. It is likely this is a blip and related to assay variability and therefore not significant.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Erotic Massage?
- Does Burning Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Mucous Is Anus Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.