|How long on a drug keep ivf below 50?
May 3, 2008
As in heading.
My wife has been prescribed trizivar for two weeks to get down from 7000 viral load to below 50. How long will this be effective and w?at then to keep her down to that level?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It can be effective for years, provided she takes the medication every day as prescribed. This is not a type of medication you take just to get the viral load to < 50 and then stop. You have to continue taking it to maintain the undetectable viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Transmission Open Mouth Kissing
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Sharing A Razor
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Precum Touching Vagina
- Should I Get Tested After Urine Contact?
- Swallowing Sperm How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.