my viral load doesnt get undetectable

i have been on treatment for 10 months with efavirenz and truvada. i began treatment with a cd4 count above 200 and a viral load of more than 100 thousand. 6 months after that i had a cd4 count over 300 and a viral load of 1100. Now, i have a cd4 count of 500 and a viral load of 1600. I had appendicitis one month before my last tests. My doctor is worried that my viral load does not go undetectable and that i may have to change my treatment. I am stable or not?

Assuming you haven't missed any doses, this would not be the typical response. You need to get a resistance test ASAP to determine if any of those meds are no longer working. I agree with your doctor, but you need this blood test first to determine what and whether to switch.

Im HIV Positive and boyfriend is negative
In taiwan, need some help