PCR negative, HIV positive, what does it mean?

Last week, after been with fever for 2 weeks, I was diagnosticaded with a process of syphilis secondary, but also in the several test they did me, I finally was positive in CMV, and positive in eliza and Western Blot for VIH 1(p17,p24,gp41,p31(week, and my doctor didnt say me anything else because he is not specialiced in HIV. Last year i did Elisa and PCR after a relation of risk and were both negatives.

After the drama it was for me the bad news about beeing HIV+, I did a new test in a private clinic called PCR quantitative which detects over 50 copies, to know the level of infection. The laboratory call me saying that they had did the test twice because they knew I was HIV+, and the result of the PCR was negative twice, and they didnt understand it, because without any treatment and after and infection as syfillys my level of virus (carga viraL) should be very hight.

I got an appointement with a doctor specialied in HIV, but its in 2 weeks time and I cant wait so long to know whats happening. How is possible that Im HIV+ and the PCR was negative? Can the syffllis affects the results of the Western Blot? thank you for your help and sorry about my english.

You can certainly have a positive HIV test and have a negative PCR test and still be HIV infected. It would be useful to repeat the western blot to see if those results are still present. The HIV specialist should be able to sort that out.

HBV-DNA VIRAL LOAD RT-PCR (TAQMAN)
NUMBERS UP AND DOWN