Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4 count not improving

I did post this question a few days ago but did not receive an answer. I know your site must be very busy but I'd really like another opinion on this when you have time. My wife was first diagnosed with AIDS about 4 years ago when she got sick with a CD4 count of 50. She went on AART and her CD4 count rose to 100. It increased last year to 126 but last month dropped back to 106. Her viral load apparently has not increased and she has no physical signs and appears 100% healthy. Her friend almost died 4 years ago when her CD4 count dropped to 2. She recovered and her CD4 count is more than 600. Should I be concerned? Do you think my wife should change her medicine? She has another CD4 test in May but I don't want her to wait until her T cells drop below 100 as I understand that it becomes harder for the cells to replicate the lower the count. Her doctor also took her off trimoxazoale which I'm afraid will make her more susceptible to opportunistic invections. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

You don't indicate what her CD4 percent was prior to starting HIV treatment and what it is now; what her total white blood cell count and lymphocyte count is; what her current HIV regimen is and what other medications she is taking. Many factors could be in play here as to why her count has not increased further if her viral load is undetectable. Also, she needs to be back on trimox or if there was some kind of reaction, another antibiotic until her CD4 count goes over 200.

Mild pulmonary Hypertention
HBV-DNA VIRAL LOAD RT-PCR (TAQMAN)