Pre Employment Drug Screening
Apr 13, 2008
I am on Norvir, Reyataz and Sustiva and will be required to take a pre-employment drug screen Do you know if any of these meds can produce a false positive for illicit drug use? I am also on Lamictal (lamotrigine) which is not an HIV medication and wondered if you would know if that could produce a false positive, too? Thanks in advance. Terrific forum.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, certain drug screen assays could result in a false positive for cannabinoids when taking sustiva. The other drugs should not result in any such false positives.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.