How Bad is it?
Apr 6, 2008
I just found out that my sister is HIV positive. Her CD4 count is 2 and her viral load is 750,000. She's taking Isentress, Truvada, and Kaletra. So how bad is her situation? Can her CD4's go up and VL come down? I'm just really worried!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This is pretty advanced HIV infection. That is a very aggressive and potent regimen and should result in her CD4 count going up significantly and her viral load going down to undetectable within the first 3 months or so of HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.