Apr 6, 2008
Is it possible VL to drop from 500,000 to 80,000 with no meds? CD4 increased from 500 to 750
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although that's a little more of a change than assay variability would show, these kind of swings can be seen if nothing else is going on. Other reasons could be different assays used, or some clinical situation (other ongoing infection) that could have accounted for a higher viral load the first time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.