viral load interpretation
Apr 6, 2008
hi....What does it mean to have a viral load of 71,074copies/ml and 12212UI/ml for hepa B. Am I to undergo treatment? Is it already serious? Can I transmit the disease?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a relatively low level for HBV. You are chronically infected, infectious and can transmit the disease. You need to consult a liver specialist to see whether you need to get treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.