Apr 6, 2008
I had a potential exposure to HCV 2 weeks prior to both ELISA testing and HCV RNA quantitative (down to 50 copies)testing. Both came back negative. Is 2 weeks enough time to rule out HCV? I felt like I had symptoms within the first week. I am HIV pos.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would probably check the HCV tests one more time after a few weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Headache A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.