Apr 6, 2008
I had a potential exposure to HCV 2 weeks prior to both ELISA testing and HCV RNA quantitative (down to 50 copies)testing. Both came back negative. Is 2 weeks enough time to rule out HCV? I felt like I had symptoms within the first week. I am HIV pos.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would probably check the HCV tests one more time after a few weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
- Aids Patient With High Bilirubin Count
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- HIV Antibody Testing 3 Months Vs 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.