Symptoms of a low CD4 count

I was diagnosed HIV+ in March 2006. My doctor was happy with my CD4 count at the time & did not prescribe any medication. 3 weeks ago i was diagnosed with singles & after testing my CD4 count has dropped to 113. a.) What was the reason for the dramatic drop in my CD4 count? b.) What would be the symptoms of such a low CD4 count? c.) Should i start HAART immediately? d.)What are the risks of drug resistance now? e.)How much longer do i have to live.

a. You don't indicate what your HIV viral load level is. But assuming some detectable level, the higher the viral load the more likely and more rapid the decline in CD4 cells. b. Symptoms like shingles and other opportunistic infections would be common. c. Yes. d. low, but possible. I would recommend a resistance test befoer you start treatment. e. A long time.

Does prednisone interfere with CD4 and VL readings?
HCV VIRAL LOAD LEVEL