Rising Viral Load
Apr 16, 2001
I've been nondetectable for over 5 years. This January 2001 my load rose to 32. I got re-tested in March and my viral load is now 88. Currently For all these years I've been on Crixivan and Combivir and never missed a dose. Should I be concerned? Is my treatment failing?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned at this point. You don't indicate what your CD4 cell count is doing during this time. People who have been followed through these "blip" periods, have for the most part returned to undetectable. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
- Painful Eating With Thrush
- Which Glands Get Sore With Herpes?
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.