|Adefovir Dipivixil- Hep B??
Mar 29, 2008
This is related to my previous question, Before I started on Adefovie Dipivixil the HBV DNA was 257 and after 2 months it is 57.HbsAg-went down from 255 to 250 and HbsAb -0.00 to 0.10 Currently I am taking 10mg tablet daily. 1) What exactly Adefovir Dipivixil plays its role in Hep B? 2) How much appx.time it can further take so as to become hbsag -non reactive / negative? 3) What will the side effects be if I stop taking this tablet? Based on the above DNA report, what is your recommendation whether this tablet should be taken daily or stopped or after a gap of one day?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. It inhibits the virus from replicating. 2. Probably months. 3. You need to continue the regimen and not stop or take it every other day. You need to see the viral DNA level go to undetectable for several weeks before thinking about stopping. On the other hand, you might continue for some further time until the HBV sAg goes negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.