Mar 23, 2008
someone in my family has a CD4 Count of 48 and is in hospital now - they have been on life support but now are better - what should I ask to make sure they have as long to live as possible and what do you believe their life span looks like? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Can't comment on the life span issues, as many factors would come into play around this. HIV treatment can certainly turn around the immune system problem resulting from HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv And Short Term Memory Loss
- White Genital Herpes Blisters
- What Will Happen If Gonorrhea Goes Untreated?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.