Mar 23, 2008
someone in my family has a CD4 Count of 48 and is in hospital now - they have been on life support but now are better - what should I ask to make sure they have as long to live as possible and what do you believe their life span looks like? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Can't comment on the life span issues, as many factors would come into play around this. HIV treatment can certainly turn around the immune system problem resulting from HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Semen A Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.