T-cell count

my 22 year old son was diagnosed a week ago with AIDS when admitted to hospital with what was determined as PCP. His t-cell count is 30, has extensive brain atrophy and his heart shows signs of at least 3 heartattacks, has a small hole and appears to be that of an 8o yr old man. He has lost about 40 lbs in a month and is keeping nothing down including his meds which he just started. With this low of a t-cell count what are the odds of making it back to HIV status just so that we have some idea of what we are looking at and what direction we should be going in. With counts this low is the chance of spreading it to others increased, we use gloves and wash everthing in hot water.

HIV treatment could effectively control his infection, even in someone with advanced AIDS. However, it is not clear what the severity of the brain or heart findings are and how they may contribute to the overall prognosis. I think what you are doing is sufficient to prevent infection transmission.

RPR, Serum
Understanding my white boold count