Mar 16, 2008
what is interferon, it's side effects, duration of treatment? what does "percolated" mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Interferon is a natural protein the body makes to fight viral infections. It is used to treat hepatitis C and B virus infections. Treatment is usually several months. Side effects are usually flu like symptoms. "Pegylated" means a type of interferon that only needs to be given once a week.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Burning Sensation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.