Mar 16, 2008
what is interferon, it's side effects, duration of treatment? what does "percolated" mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Interferon is a natural protein the body makes to fight viral infections. It is used to treat hepatitis C and B virus infections. Treatment is usually several months. Side effects are usually flu like symptoms. "Pegylated" means a type of interferon that only needs to be given once a week.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Difficult For Heterosexuals To Get Hiv?
- Can Our Body Naturally Fight Off Hep C?
- Can They Tell If You Have Hiv From Biopsy?
- Risk Of Contracting Hiv From A Single Exposure
- What Are Chances Of Getting Hiv If You Sleep With An Infected Person?
- Dose Hiv Cause White Spots In The Back Of The Throat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.