Borderline Hepatitis B result, What does this mean?

Hi.

I've been to the doctor recently because I've had what I thought was a stomach virus that I couldn't get rid of. I've had it off an on for about three weeks. I'm fine a day or two, then sick a day or two. The doctor tested my liver enzymes which showed that they were slightly elevated and she also ordered an ultrasound of the liver. The ultra sound just showed a "fatty liver". I've also had gall bladder surgery about a year and a half ago. The doctor wanted to test for Hepatitis, which tested for "Borderline Hep B". She's sending me to a gastroenterologist for further testing. She said she takes it that the results doesn't exactly mean that I have it, and it doesn't exactly mean that I don't. I really don't understand how I would have contracted it, if I did have it. I've only been with one person sexually, which is the person I'm married to. He has actually gotten the Hep B vacination a few years ago. I've never been a drug user so I don't come into contact with needles except from a hospital setting. I've never gotten a blood transfusion. I seem to be very low risk for something like this so I don't know how I would have contracted it. What would be the reasons behind a borderline result for Hep B? I do have a copy of the lab results and the numbers if they would help.

Thanks.

I don't know what "borderline" means. The appropriate action is to see that gastroenterologist.

Hepatitis result
high initial viral load