Elevated ALT but not AST

I BEEN ON (vIARCEPT 625MG, zERIT 40MG & EPIVIR 150MG) FOR THE PAST 5 YRS SINCE I WAS DIAGNOSIS. MY CD4 AT THE TIME WAS 24 AND MY VIRAL LOAD WAS 67000. IN 1 MONTH ON THE MEDS MY VL HAS BEEN UNDETECTED AND MY CD4 IS PRESENTLY 679.JANUARY 2007 MY ALT/AST BEGAN TO ELEVATE 224(ALT) 89(AST)BUT I WAS TAKEN OFF MY MEDICATION FOR THE CHOLESTEROL AND MY NUMBERS BEGAN TO BE IN RANGE. I USED FISH OIL TO ACCOMODATE FOR THE CHOLESTROL MEDICATION. LAST RECENT BLOOD RESULTS MY ALT WAS 107 AND AST IS STILL IN RANGE AT 36. I DO TAKE A 1 A DAY MULTIVITAMIN AND 2400 MG OF VITAMIN C AND DIOVAN FOR MY BLOOD PRESSURE.I'M 42 AND FEEL BETTER THEN I EVER DID IN MY LIFE. MY CONCERN IS THE ALT CONCERNS MY DOCTOR AND HE MAY TAKE ME OFF MY MEDICATION THAT HAS BEEN DOING SO WELL.

The elevation is likely due to one of your cholesterol lowering medications. Many of these and other medications like your HIV meds and BP meds are all metabolized by the liver. These in combination with vitamins and fish oil could be affecting your liver. Sometimes you have to adjust all that you are taking by stopping or starting some of the medications or supplements that could be the offending agent. Your doctor may also change your HIV meds to a more lipid friendly combination that will still be as effective.

CD4 and Viral Load vs. Percentage
HIVES???