First results after treatment initiation
Mar 8, 2008
Dear Doctor. My husband started his treatment with Kivexa and Stocrine when he had CD4 100 cells and VL 75,000, 5 weeks ago. Now he has 160 CD4 cells and VL 650. How you can evaluate this progress? what would you concider as good increase of CD4 during first year of treament? Do you think it is a appropriate treatment regimen for 45 year old overweight man with type 1 diabetis? Thank you for answering so many questions.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The treatment regimen is appropriate, and that is a very good and expected response after just 5 weeks. I would consider at CD4 count of 250 and undetectable viral load at one year an excellent response.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.