|how fast should VL go down?
Feb 17, 2008
Treatment naive with a resistant virus.
Think provider has found a combo that hopefully will work now that CD4 has dipped twice into the high 200's.
Starting meds with a fairly low VL: 2,700, never has been above 16,000. Would this mean that viral load will drop to UD faster since it's already low or doesn't it make any difference.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Perhaps. But depending on the potency of the HIV regimen against a resistant virus, it might take longer than if the virus had no resistance at that viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching Vagina?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Licking Anus?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Licking Vagina?
- Can U Get HIV From Mutual Masturbation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.