Feb 9, 2008
My friend's labs reported are: WBC count of 7.1 with 82.2% Neutrophils, CD4 of 31, sputum sample was positive for 4+ AFB.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not sure what the question is here. A CD4 count of 31 is extremely low and indicates an AIDS diagnosis. The sputum result showing acid fast bacilli (AFB) and could mean tuberculosis or another mycobacteria infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue And Hepatitis
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
- How Long Can The Aids Virus Last Once Airborne?
- Why Is Pcr Detection More Sensitive For Hiv Detection?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.