Feb 9, 2008
My friend's labs reported are: WBC count of 7.1 with 82.2% Neutrophils, CD4 of 31, sputum sample was positive for 4+ AFB.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not sure what the question is here. A CD4 count of 31 is extremely low and indicates an AIDS diagnosis. The sputum result showing acid fast bacilli (AFB) and could mean tuberculosis or another mycobacteria infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.