|Viral load result
Feb 9, 2008
my husband is HIV postive and I am negative. his CD4 is above 800 and his viral load is >40 copies. now i want a baby, he transmit HIV virus to me.?what is the result mean? please help me.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I assume you mean his viral load is < 40, not > 40. A blood viral load that is undetectable does not mean that someone is completely noninfectious. So there is still a risk of HIV infection unless sperm washing is done prior to insemination. You need to discuss this with your obstetrician/gynecologist on the best way to proceed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do Genital Warts Come Back?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Test Called Where They Check For You Chlamydia?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Does The First Genital Herpes Outbreak Look Like?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.