|viral load urgent?
Feb 9, 2008
in my 1st ever viral load test the number came up 525000. i still have 2 weeks of nonstop work till i have a break and can get to a doctor. is that too long? i assume i need to start medications?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That viral load is very high. You don't indicate what your CD4 count and percent is. There is no emergency in starting treatment, but depending on where your CD4 count is, the decision will be made at your visit in 2 weeks. A 2 week delay from now should probably be OK in terms of seeing your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin During Seroconversion
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.