My new results - follow up...

Dear Dr Holodniy,

thanks for your kind reply. Please find "attached" my previous message.

My doctor says that this results are stable, and asked me to wait 6 months for new tests.

I'm a little concerned about this. What are the odds for a dramatic decrease of my CD4 cells during 6 months?

You wrote that I might be on medications some time in the future. I entirely understand that progress of HIV infection is unpredictable and you cannot say "you will start meds on 23 October 2008 at 3.15 pm", but do think it's a matter of months or 1 or 2 year?

My doctor also says that the much-feared lypodystrophy is something that should not concern me as new medications are better tolerated. Is that so?

Thanks,

H.

Dear Dr Holodniy,

I have just received my new lab results (not on medications):

CD4 538 CD4% 26 VL 64,000

Here is my clinic history:

01/07 exposed 02/07 seroconverted 06/07 tested positive 06/07: CD4 474, CD4% 28%, VL 55,000. 08/2007: CD4 478, CD4% 28, VL 50,000. 10/2007: CD4 558, CD4% 26, VL 50,000. 01/2008: CD4 538, CD4% 26, VL 63,000.

The cd4 count is stable. The cd4% and steadly gone from 28 to 26 in a few months. The viral load sort of stable, but up to 64,000.

I would be grateful if you could comment on these results: could you predict how long will I wait before starting treatment (CD4 350)?

Is this a slow (doubt it), fast or average progression?

Thank you very much for your help.

H.

Unlikely you will have any dramatic changes in your counts in the next 6 months and unlikely you would be on meds in the next 1-2 years. Your doctor is correct for the most part.

Low Platelet HIV Treatment
viral load ranges for first year of infection