HIV Low Platelet

I too have been positive for 20 Years with no anti-virals. Mr Dr. suggested starting me on HIV Anti-Virals despite my levels were still undetectable and Cd-4 was 480. I resisted. But I bruise severely. My platlets are 13000 and they were 21000. Ive been on Atripla for a month with no results. The HIV is undetectable and the Cd-4 is now 700. I saw a blood specialist and he said the Anti-Bodies were attaching to my platelets. How can I address this platelet situation. I can even be touched without bruising.

Sometimes low platelets can be the result of HIV infection, and HIV treatment can sometimes resolve the situation. It is good you have sought the advice of a hematologist. He may correct that you have an immune reaction that is causing a low platelet count. It is important to determine whether you have a production problem (bone marrow not making platelets) or a consumption/destruction (platelets being destroyed) problem. Sometimes infusions of immunoglobulin or steroids can help. A more radical approach is to surgically remove the spleen, which can sometimes act like a big sponge in continually removing platelets from you blood. I would stick with the hematologist to get to the cause and possible treatment solutions.

how well am I doing on meds
Was AIDS the cause of death?