cd4 and AIDS

Dr i was just diagnosed about 2weeks ago; cd4 350 vl 28000, not yet on meds, i want to know if one can be on meds being hiv positive and not becoming AIDS. Also i want to know if its safe to start treatment being 4months pregnant for the baby to be negative? Can i be on treatment for me to live a full life without people noticing my disease am confuse i feel as if i have a death sentence waiting for me. pls help me. thanks.

Yes, it is very likely if you get on HIV meds that you can prevent AIDS from developing. Yes, you can take meds during pregnancy, and that is recommended to prevent the fetus getting HIV infection. I suggest, if you are not already under the care of an obstetrician with HIV infection experience, that you get one immediately.

new research
Detectable viral load at less than 48