low positive antibodies negative riba
Jan 18, 2008
Health care worker was sprayed in face with blood.First hep c antibody was postive result was 3.6 one week later test was repeated antibody was negative. Then a RIBA was performed the result was negative. What does this mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
the confirmatory test is negative, so this is likely a false positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.