Cd4 count declining
Jan 12, 2008
Hi there i have recently been given my cd4 and viral load results from my blood counts.
Cd4 270 viral load 160.000
My previous cd4 prior to this was cd4:410 up from 350 the time before this.
I am extremely worried that i will have to start medication... is there anything i can do to improve my cd4 count?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It would be helpful to know the CD4 percent. If the corresponding CD4 percent has declined by 3% or more, then that is a real and significant change. That is probably likely given the that the viral load is so high. It is likely you need meds sooner rather than later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Underwear?
- Can You Get Std From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.