|HCV RNA after treatment
Jan 7, 2008
One year ago I completed a 6 month course of treatment for Hep C. The virus cleared my blood 3 months after begining treatment. Today I received a lab result, RNA Quant bDNA with a resule of 1014 and 3.01. Does this mean the virus is back or is there another explination?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Could be the virus is back, or more likely never completely left. The test needs to be repeated and you need to be evaluated by a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Does Lactose Cause Vaginal Infections?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- What Can Vaginal Bumps Be Other Then Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.