Dec 24, 2007
(1) Is this test commercially available?
(2) Can it be performed on patients whose VL is less than 1,000 copies (or even lower than 100 copies)?
(3) How does it defer from HLA -B5701, whic seems specifically to test for abacavir hypersenstivity reaction possibility?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Not that I am aware of. 2. It doesn't depend on the HIV viral load, as this is a genetic test of cellular DNA from blood cells. 3. B57 is a marker for decreased HIV progression.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.