Dec 15, 2007
My question is fairly simple, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere yet.
What are the reasons that certain people have higher initial CD4 #s?
I understand that factors like when you were tested will play a big part.
But for people who tested exactly the same time after exposure, what would make ones CD4 count higher than the others?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Genetics. There is a fairly large spread in the normal range of CD4 counts in people without HIV infection (500-1500).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Aching After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.