|What is a "high" viral load?
Dec 15, 2007
I've been trying to find out what level is considered a "high" viral load, as opposed to moderate or low. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Are there generally accepted levels for a viral load result that would constitute high, moderate, and low levels? If so, what are those levels?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No standard definitions. In general, high = > 100,000, medium = 5,000 to 100,000, low = < 5,000.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is Considered A High Viral Load?
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.