Dec 15, 2007
What does having the superinfection mean? Does it mean the virus has mutated itself? Does it mean that you have become infected many times over by othe people?I was told that I have what is called the quad virus.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Superinfection is related to acquiring another virus strain after you are already infected. You'll have to educate me on what the quad virus is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Can Prevent Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia After Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.