|HCV after Interferon thrapy
Dec 9, 2007
Dear Dr. I have a question regarding HCV patient having genotyping 3a,3b. Taken Interferon Injection 72 with Cap Rebavirin .but no responce. How much more injection will be need to become HCVPCR negative.Thanks many reagds.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not clear as to how long you have received treatment. Although genotype 3 is clearly more responsive to current HCV treatment there can be treatment failures. We usually look for a 2 log (100 fold) decrease in HCV viral load by 8-12 weeks of treatment. If that is not seen, it is unlikely that a response will be seen later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.