|I'm really confused, Help!
Dec 9, 2007
On 4/07 I went to quest lab & had hep c test that looked like this. HCV, RNA, QN, PCR W/RFL GENO HCV RNA QN PCR 36300 H <50 IU/mL HCV RNA QN PCR 4.56H <1.70 LOG IU/mL And today I've received my most recent report & it was, 12/07 HCV RNA,QN,REAL TIME PCR HCV RNA IU/mL 2010000 H <50 IU/mL HCV RNA, QN,PCR 6.30 H <1.70 log IU/mL ARE THESE TWO TEST THAT WERE PERFORMED MONTHS APART THE SAME TEST?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Likely not. The first was performed with a slightly different methodology for viral load detection and quantitation. Even so, that wouldn't by itself account for the difference is results between the two tests. Regardless, the results show likely chronic HCV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.