Full blown aids
Dec 2, 2007
I just found out my oldest brother has aids. How long do people with full blown aids usually live??? :( Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is too complicated of a question to answer directly. Longeviity and natural history of HIV infection (with AIDS) depends on many factors including age, other ongoing medical, mental health, and substance abuse problems, response to HIV treatment, among others. Many people do very well and are living long good quality lives if these issues are attended to and HIV meds are taken faithfully.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.