Nov 24, 2007
Hi doc, my fiance was just diagnosed with HIV in Oct. 07. His CD4 was 400 and his VL was 3000, what does this mean and how does that work as far as the transmission of the virus? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
He is in pretty good shape. His CD4 count is midly decreased and his viral load is low. Transmission risk is reduced, but it is not zero. This means virus in blood and other secretions (semen, etc) is present and can potential infect others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.